Prior To Your Procedure
- Read the procedure FAQs: Procedure FAQs
- Help us take better care of you.
- The day prior to your procedure, a nurse from the center will call you to review any questions you may have about your visit to the Center.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
- Please bring your eyeglasses, if applicable. AZ West Endoscopy Center cannot take responsibility for safeguarding your personal items.
- Make arrangements for someone to escort you home.
- Your escort will need to be 18 years of age or older and should plan on staying with you for the length of time you will be at the Center. The length of time you will be at the Center is approx. 2 1/2 hours from the time you check-in to the time of your discharge. Please limit the number of persons you bring with you to the center to two. Without a driver, it will not be possible to perform your procedure.
- Please make arrangements for childcare in advance.
- AZ West Endoscopy Center reception area and recovery room area are not designed to accommodate small children.
- If you have questions regarding your medication prior to the procedure, please contact your physician’s office.
Day Of Your Procedure
- Please check in at the reception desk at your scheduled check-in time.
- Bring your insurance card.
- Co-pays are due and expected to be paid at the time of service. We will accept cash, check, credit card (Visa, Master Card & American Express) or debit card.
- Bring your completed registration and medical history forms.
- Bring your medication(s) or list of the medication(s) and dosages you are currently taking. It is very important for us to know if you have any allergies; especially an allergy to rubber (latex).
- If you have a pacemaker please bring your manufacturer’s ID card. If you have an implanted defibrillator you will not be able to have your procedure at the Center. Contact your physician.
- If you have sleep apnea and use a C-PAP machine, please bring it with you.
After Your Procedure
- Average Recovery time is 30-45 minutes for most procedures.
- Your escort will need to come into the recovery room to listen to your discharge instructions, sign the written instructions and escort you home.
- We would prefer your escort to remain at the Center for the duration of your visit. Your escort will need to be available to hear the discharge instructions and accompany you home. Only one person will be allowed in the recovery room with you. Again, it is approximately 2 1/2 hours from the time you check-in to the time of your discharge.
- It would be best if someone could stay with you at home or check on you following your procedure.
- Patients will remain in the recovery area until they are ready for discharge.
- At discharge you may NOT drive. You may not take a bus, taxi or other alternative form of transportation home if you were sedated for the procedure unless accompanied by a responsible adult.